Saturday, October 30, 2010

trip recap

it's always hard to come back to the comforts of the life I have here when I go to a third world country. this was the third time around for me. I'm still processing everything, but there are some things already made clear to me.

Being sick in Africa is not fun. The third day we were there I got hit with dysentery which then caused severe dehydration. Enough said about that.

Poverty here is nothing like the poverty there.

Each and every face in the world is created in His image, even if they don't beleive.

Satan revels in ruling hearts of man. I walked right through the walled up city where satan has captured thousands. BUT, even in the midst of such, Jesus is there. present. active. waiting.

There is much to be done. There is opportunity for everyone here to help. even if you don't ever set foot in this sun-scorched land. Don't sit back and shake your head at the sights, get up and ask what you can do to help.

I may have a child from this country one day.

Being on a plane for 18 hours causes intense feet swelling.

1 comment: