Monday, October 11, 2010

once was blind, now i see

I love a good sunset. Especially on the beach. I was driving yesterday and the sun was blinding me, in my attempt to block my eyes from it, I did what we all do when something is bright. I looked right into it. It took my breath away. I instantly pulled over and just happened to have my good camera with me. I got this fantastic shot.



Two things.

First - if you look at this, how can you not beleive in God?

Second - I didn't realize at the time that I was in a parking lot that has wire around the wall. It looks like I am behind a prison wall. I was. That was me. I was in prisoned with my own sin, my selfish heart, my old life. I saw the beauty of God, the amazing grace He had to offer me, the hope that He wanted to share with me, yet I stayed in my own prison for so long. I would look at that beautiful life that was on the outside and wanted to have it so bad, but the world told me so many different things that kept me behind that wall. I was enslaved to my own life, as a result of my own choices.

Oh, but freedom is so sweet. Precious grace and hope that awaited me were still there when I broke free. When my heart became captive to His love for me. Now I get to experience that beautiful sunset with a healthy heart and a mind consumed with for Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment