Wednesday, September 29, 2010

you never let go

I have a chronic problem with getting to sleep at night. I have tried reading, watching tv, staring at the fan, medication. Last night I thought I would try listening to music. I plugged my ipod in and put it on shuffle. I should probably make a play list for some easy listening music because trying to get to sleep to Beastie Boys is not a good idea.

One song came on and as I layed there and listened to it, my mind started going 900 miles an hour. Thinking back through every detail of my life I could remember, details I didn't want to remember, and things that I hope I can remember down the road. I kept repeating the song over and over and each time I listened to the words, my mind would speed up. As did my heart. I can't wrap my mind around how gracious God is to me. I can't comprehend how he can love me the way He does. I can't fully understand how perfect His plan is for my life. But I do know He never lets go.

1 comment: