Friday, May 6, 2016

connecting the great divide

It's always in the most random of places where the Lord speaks the the most random of things to me.

Wednesday morning I was in spin class at 5:30 am, and in the middle of class, Jesus started giving me visions of the Grand Canyon.  Weird, right?  I was spinning and trying to keep up and trying to figure out what in the world the Grand Canyon had to do with spin.

The Lord said three words in the middle of the vision, "the great divide."  That was it.  I love it when He keeps me hanging.....but not for long, because then He gives me time to understand what He is trying to teach me.

Several years ago I had the chance to see the sun rise over the Grand Canyon on Easter morning.  One of those moments in life I will never forget.  Just the majesty of such an incredible thing that happens every morning, then the majesty of such an incredible thing that God made happen for us to get to see.  It really is majestic.

So, this vision, those three words, my memory of that morning.......

"What, Lord, are you trying to tell me?"

Two masses of land, separated, independent of each other, at least on the surface.  Each side has one thing that connects them - what is underneath, and a stream of water running right through it.

"Ok, Lord, I think I am starting to get it.  But, what else?"

Another vision came.  It was me in someone's house, a big, beautiful, house.  They were showing me around at all the things they had accumulated over the years.  They showed me one room off the kitchen that was full of food.  Like, floor to ceiling stacked high with food.  Canned goods, breads, sweets, anything you could think of, it was in there.  A room that is bigger than my bedroom, full of food.


And then another vision.  Me in my house, trying to feed everyone that comes through the door.  Opening the pantry and the refrigerator and not having anything in there, or only having just enough for the next meal.


"Ok, Lord, what does this have to do with the Grand Canyon????"

Jesus said to me, "There are two masses of people, those that have, and those that do not.  But I connect them.  They are the same to me.  I am the One that made them.  I am the One that separated them on the surface.  I am the One that connects them underneath.  I am the One that has fresh, freely flowing living water right down the middle of them.  I am the One that will bridge that gap for you, to help you get what you need."

I walked out of the gym, came home, sat on the porch, and just processed.

I spent the last 18 months asking for help to get the Light House finished, and I have SO many stories of how Jesus brought one miracle after another to get it done.  Crazy stories I love to share.  Perfect timing stories that make no sense to me.

And I feel like now I will spent the rest of my life here asking for help to keep the Light House open.  I told some of the boys last night in the middle of the street, after a tough conversation, "I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE SO GET USED TO ME!"

This week I have gone through 3 cases of water, 6 bottles of lemonade mix, 3 packs of freeze pops, 5 big bags of assorted chips, 3 gallons of milk, multiple packs of noodles, 5 cooked meals for dinner, and a billion zillion trillion open and shutting the door sounds.  This week has got me tired.  For real, it was a long week.  Last night the boys saw me cry.  It was awkward, but this is real life down here.

Many people have asked how they can help me now.  And so many people have already helped me so much, we have not had one day that anyone was hungry or thirsty.  I have tried my best to come up with a list of things that we need, or would like to have here on hand.  This is the best way I can share with anyone that would like to join up with me here to feed my little flock.

The most beautiful thing about this picture...........

both sides of the great divide see the same sun. 



Needs for the house:
Laundry detergent and dryer sheets – Gain
Dish washing detergent and dishwasher detergent – Gain
Bath wash, shampoo, deodorant for boys (they like Axe)
Lotion for boys (coco butter)
Toilet paper
Paper towels
Garbage bags
Paper plates, cups
Zip lock bags
Aluminum foil
Big set of nice Tupperware
Clorox wipes
Febreeze
Swifter pads and spray containers
Magic erasers (to clean walls)
Glade plug ins
Bathroom trash cans and bags
Towels/bath cloths – picked some out at Target
Light bulbs
Laundry baskets – need about 4
For the boys – tall white socks, white tank tops, v-neck white tshirts, boxers (all sizes in all of these)
Plastic hangers
6 bed pillows

Needs for the pantry:
Water – large and small bottles
Freeze pops
Lemonade mix
Powerade/gatorade mix
Tea bags
Milk – gallons of 2%
Peanut butter and grape jelly
Hot pockets
Assorted bags of chips (the hot Cheetos)
White bread
Canned vegetables (kernel corn, cream corn, green beans, black beans, red beans, rotel)
Canned ravioli – pop tops
Popcorn
Fruit cups (peaches and mixed fruit)
REAL fruit – oranges, apples, strawberries, grapes
Peanut butter filled pretzels
Ramen noodles
Nutri-Grain breakfast bars
Chocolate chip granola bars
Pancake mix/syrup
Cereal – Cinamon toast crunch, fruity pebbles, fruit loops
Frozen foods/meats – chicken tenders, hot wings, french fries, ground beef, chicken breast

Anything your kids eat, my kids would eat.  (except for kale chips.  they won't try those yet.)

And donations are always helpful, to keep us afloat with many things around here.



2 comments:

  1. A friend pointed me in the direction of your blog, and I love hearing about God's work in your life! Can you explain a little more about what you're doing specifically? Are you connected with a ministry? Do these boys live with you? Do you have any income to support the house long term? I'd love to get together some donations, but would be interested in knowing a little bit more about the ministry first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah, thanks for commenting! if you would send me an email, I can respond better to that. my email is jamierasbery@yahoo.com
    thanks!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete