Sunday, June 28, 2015

it ain't easy

Judges 8:1-4

"Then the Ephraimites said to Gideon, “Why did you leave us out of this, not calling us when you went to fight Midian?” They were indignant and let him know it. But Gideon replied, “What have I done compared to you? Why, even the gleanings of Ephraim are superior to the vintage of Abiezer. God gave you Midian’s commanders, Oreb and Zeeb. What have I done compared with you?” When they heard this, they calmed down and cooled off." 8:1-3


Back when Gideon and his army of 300 invaded Midan, this group of warriors was not included in the battle. They were a little upset that they had to be the ones to "clean up the mess" after the battle was over. But what their part in this accomplished was still great. As they were the clean up crew, they were the ones that captured the generals of the enemies army!

Not every thing that we are asked to do, or get to be a part of, is glamorous. It may not be pretty or noticeable, but it is necessary. Doing the dirty work is still part of getting the job done. Contractors may be the ones that design, oversee, and make all the money for building beautiful homes, but all of those that do the dirty work to make it look pretty are just as important. Think about that next time you sit on a toilet. Someone had to install that thing! We should be content with the job God has given us to do, even if it is being part of the clean up crew.

They asked Gideon the question, "Why.....?"

I get a lot of questions from many different perspectives and directions. Sometimes they are loaded questions, that put me on the spot, and I have to think quick to answer. I am in constant prayer with Jesus as he gives me the right words, at the right time, with the right response. Or else, my own natural response would leave me with no friends - if I said what I really felt and thought!

Here are some of the questions I have been asked, just this week.

"How long have you been in the ministry business?" hmmmmm. Well, it's not a business, it is my life.

"Are you a democrat? Sounds like it, and I like that." I just love Jesus, and love people. I only take the side of what is true in the heart of my Father.

"You hear God's voice, for real? What is sound like" It is the sweetest, purest, most gentle thing you will ever hear in your life, even when it is a voice of correction.

"How is the house coming?" I have to take a deep breath every time I get asked this one.

And the one I get asked all the time, by all my kids....."ms jamie, when you gone get married?" I love this one because it gives me the opportunity to talk with them about identity in Christ, purity, trust, timing, and that you don't have to wait on someone else to obey and serve the Lord.

"Gideon and his three hundred arrived at the Jordan and crossed over. They were bone-tired but still pressing the pursuit." 8:4

Being tired does not excuse us from moving forward. Quitting is not an option. The end.

This fully expresses how I feel when I am hit with a ton of questions, exhausted, and tired.

it ain't easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment