Thursday, January 15, 2015

ask boldly for what you believe in

Joshua 17

"Zelophehad son of Hepher, the son of Gilead, the son of Makir, the son of Manasseh, had no sons, only daughters. Their names were Mahlah, Noah, Hoglah, Milcah, and Tirzah. They went to Eleazar the priest, Joshua son of Nun, and the leaders and said, “God commanded Moses to give us an inheritance among our kinsmen.” And Joshua did it; he gave them, as God commanded, an inheritance amid their father’s brothers." 17:3-4


In this Israelite culture, women didn't typically inherit land, it was all portioned only to men. However, Moses honored these women and set them up to receive what was justly their portion of the land. He put justice ahead of tradition. Through this, the Lord told Moses to set a new law that would allow more women to inherit land that was rightfully due them. This is where Joshua was honoring that law.

Sometimes things are just not done because "it's never been done that way before", or "you can't do it that way", but the Lord says "all things are possible with those who believe."

These daughters of Zelophehad were bold to go before Joshua, a priest, and other leaders, and ask for what they believed in. Through their confidence and boldness, their request was honored and they were given their portion of the land. My grandmother always says "you have not if you ask not" (James 4:3). Had they not asked for what they believed in, the land would have been portioned to someone else. Ask boldly for what you know the Lord wants to gift to you!

I asked the Lord to put me in a hard place, send me hard people, let me stand with Him in the trenches. And He is giving me that precious gift. People ask me quite often, "are going to live there by yourself?!" Yes. "are you not scared?" No. "what is your goal?" Salvation and freedom for everyone that I know. It may not seem normal to anyone else what I am doing, but it is very normal to Jesus, and all I want to do is honor Him.

God has not given me a spirit of fear, but "the special gift of ministry you received when I laid hands on you and prayed—keep that ablaze! God doesn’t want us to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible." 2 Timothy 1:7

Part of the inheritance I have received is to know what love really is, through His eyes and heart. The best way I can explain that is to just share this picture of these amazing boys, that are going to be amazing men of God! They have beautiful mama's that I love just as much. They give me a headache, and joy at the same time. We walked through the house this weekend, prayed, and talked about all the fun we will have when it is completed. I can't imagine my life without all these kids, and had I not asked the Lord for this gift, it could have been given to someone else.


and just to throw some Lecrae out on you....



No comments:

Post a Comment