Friday, December 5, 2014

a picture of victory

Joshua 12

"In all, thirty-one kings were defeated."

After the 7 years following the crossing of the Jordan, this is where Joshua ended up - with victory over the entire region. He conquered a land span that included 31 kings and kingdoms. His patient, brilliant, strategic plan all came from the Lord. Every victory was a result of obedience His King.

As I read through this and studied the map of the territory, I saw the map of Midtown in my mind. I placed the two maps side by side and was in awe of how similar they were to each other. More so than that, I realized that there were 31 streets in the Midtown borders. Now, I don't know if anyone else in the world would consider this, or even think about these things, but the Lord made them apparent to me for a reason!

Joshua covered the entire region in 7 (number of completion, perfection) years - 31 kings. A lot of land, a lot of people. That victory he received came from defeating the armies of his enemies. God is calling me to cover this same number of streets, and if it takes me 7 years to defeat every army (remember we are fighting a spiritual war) of the enemy up and down all these streets, I will stand that ground with great honor fight to completion.

I have met and started building relationships with people on just about every street in Midtown. Every week I meet someone new, on a new street. I am so ready to see this house completed so I can live in the middle of this battle ground and have more intentional time covering these 31 streets!


No comments:

Post a Comment