Thursday, September 22, 2011

freedom

give me the beat boys and free my soul.

the isrealites were freed. slaves have been freed. animals were freed from the ark. countries have been freed. i have been freed.

freedom is a beautiful thing. when you are in bondage to something, anything, there is nothing sweeter than the feeling of freedom that comes when the chains are gone. money. time. relationship. addiction. satan can use any weakness we have to keep us chained down. but Jesus is so much stronger than that. He has the power to break those chains. and he does. if we let him.

jesus has been speaking freedom to me a lot lately. i felt it in my spirit and last week i felt it physically. i was standing in a van riding through the Masai Mara in the Rift Valley with nothing but incredible landscape painted during his creation with wild animals of every kind roaming around and the wind blowing right through me. i felt such freedom riding through that place i can't even describe it. but more than actually feeling that on the outside, i felt it on the inside.

jesus has freed me from my chains. he has freed my heart from hurt. he has given me freedom, so i can have the freedom to experience what i did in Kenya. he has freed me so i can live downtown jackson and love my neighbors. he has freed me so i can disciple middle school girls. he has freed me so i have the freedom and be available to go where he sends me next.

my chains are gone, i've been set free.

where the spirit of the lord is, there is freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment