Tuesday, September 6, 2011

every face has a name

what a glorious morning outside! after leaving the gym i wanted some coffee, but not any that i make cuz i don't make good coffee. i went to the coffee shop at the king edward hotel, they make good coffee. when i left i was driving up captiol street and saw lots of friends. lots of friends leaving the church downtown that serves breakfast. it was like an outpouring of friends walking towards me. richard. carlos. mike. third eye. anthony. cole. lots of others.

when i left king edward i thought to myself, i love living downtown. i love everything about it.

but when i passed all my friends i thought to myself, i love living downtown because i know all these beautiful people!

the lord wrecked me about a year ago. he created each person on this planet - he says so in Genesis. even though some people choose a different life, we are all created in his image. all. in my former blindness i would have looked at "those people" and felt sorry for them, but now i look at them as who they are, who God made them to be. i know them by their name - and the cooler part is, they know ME by my name. that makes me happy.

each face i see has a name. each name has a story. each story has a God on the end of it that loves them, just like he loves me, and you. it blows my mind that i even get the honor to drive down captiol street and see my friends and wave to them and see them wave and smile back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment