Friday, August 28, 2015

from then.....to now

It's been 1 year since I shared my story, since I moved from downtown, since I had no idea how this was going to work.

here is the post from August 27, 2014.  What a great reminder to me of how far the Lord has moved the mark.

http://jrasberry.blogspot.com/2014/08/movin-to-midtown.html

so many promises fulfilled.
so many dreams dreamed.
so many tears, laughs, screams, "help me Jesus" moments.
so many new people the Lord has brought in my life.
so many opportunities to share His story, His love, His plan.
so many miracles.

so much still left to do.
so many miracles waiting to be released from heaven.

In September last year, a few weeks after I set out on this journey, I got the amazing opportunity to go to Portugal. It was so beautiful, and really good for my heart and soul.

On our last day there, I stopped at a little store and saw some porcelin tiles that I was instantly drawn to. I thought, "how pretty these would be on the front of my house!", and as quickly as I got excited, just as quick the enemy came at me. Saying nasty things like, "what if this doesn't work, then what? what if you don't get the house, then you just have tiles that are useless." It was such an attack.

I was standing in Portugal, at a little store, staring at these tiles, having this battle with the enemy. REALLY?

I got it together, told the enemy to shut up, turned my ears/eyes/heart/mind back to my Father and he said "Buy the tiles."

so I bought the tiles.

They have been wrapped up in the same paper they were packed in to bring home, for all of this whole year. I finally took them out a few weeks ago and was ready to get them suited up to put on the front of the house. I asked my sweet dear little brother Levi to help me make something to set them in, from the old slats of wood that came out of the house. These little pieces of wood are a whole story - I would guess there were over 10,000 of them underneath the sheet rock and plaster. They were my worst enemy during the demo. Some of you reading this helped take them down, so you know what I'm talking about.

so, here we are, 1 year later. It may not seem like a big deal to you that there is 3 small tiles stuck in some wood hanging on the front of my house, but ya'll, this is HUGE for me. The struggle on the inside of me that day in Lisbon, to the struggle on the inside of me every day on McTyere, the struggle is real.

But the faithfulness of Jesus is more real.

Very soon I will have a light hanging above this. Shedding light on the promises of the Lord. Literally.

and my long time friend Nate helped make it beautiful.  If I would have given the enemy what he wanted that day in Portugal, Nate would have missed this miracle.  That will make you think......

"For the LORD is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation."  Psalm 100:5




No comments:

Post a Comment