Wednesday, April 22, 2015

bold prayers from God's children

"Jesus was matter-of-fact: “Embrace this God-life. Really embrace it, and nothing will be too much for you. This mountain, for instance: Just say, ‘Go jump in the lake’—no shuffling or shilly-shallying—and it’s as good as done. That’s why I urge you to pray for absolutely everything, ranging from small to large. Include everything as you embrace this God-life, and you’ll get God’s everything. And when you assume the posture of prayer, remember that it’s not all asking." Matthew 11:22 - 24

we pray a lot, for a lot of things.

A few Friday nights ago, I had 6 of the kids in my car with me. My car is supposed to only seat 4 other people. Well, we just pray a lot that the Lord protects us and we don't get stopped! (I know, that is not the best thing to do, but I can't not haul my kids around....). I was taking them home, and at their request, we ALL prayed for two things. 1 - the house to be finished. 2 - a bigger car.

Each of the kids took turns praying out loud. I LOVE when they do this. It just makes my heart so full, so proud, so happy.

Keshawn prayed so boldly. He said "Lord, don't just send the people to help, but send the money too." I have never talked to him or any of the other kids about believing for all the resources to be provided. In his spirit he just knew this.

The next week, 2 things happened.

After nearly 6 months of not having many people come around me helping with the "work" of the house, I began to get so many messages from people that want to be a part of this with me, and acutally come and help. This past weekend there were so many people that came and served, almost to the point I was a little overwhelmed with all of them. In a good way, but still overwhelmed. And they just keep coming. And the money to keep moving ahead is always there. So many ways the Lord has provided for every penny needed, and it comes in the most unexpected, beautiful ways. The Lord keeps providing for just what I need, right when I need it. Then I trust him for the next thing, and he provides again. That's how the whole journey has been. One "yes I trust you" after another.

Then, I got a message from someone that wants to give me a minivan. FOR REAL! Ms Jamie crusin thru the hood in a swagger wagon!

The very best part of this was that I got to call the kids and tell them that God answered their prayers! Their simple, yet bold, prayers. Just riding in the car on a Friday night, they prayed for some pretty big things, and they got to SEE the Lord answer them in less than a week. Don't you think this grew their faith a little?

Another thing that just happened. Months ago I took Keshawn and Willie to the fairgrounds one afternoon to see the horses. I was trying to convince them to go to the Rodeo one night (for their little birthday celebration outing), but they said "if we can't ride the horses, we don't want to go." Boys. Since then I have been praying for a place to take them. A wide-open space that they could learn how to ride and how to take care of a horse. Just a few days ago I got a message from someone that offered to connect me with a local riding camp for kids, that they can learn how to ride and about farm/ranch life.

Praying is simple. It's when we pray bold that the heart of God responds. All these things we have prayed for, and the Lord has reached down and shown his great love and faithfulness to answer the desires of our hearts.

These kids are learning how to be great prayer warriors for the kingdom. If you need prayer for something, let me know and we will pray for you!

Here are some snapshots of Keshawn (his nickname is onion, because....everyone has a nickname). Hanging out on the porch with me last summer, and pushing our bikes up the hill on state street because he lost a bet :)






No comments:

Post a Comment