Monday, November 17, 2014

update on the house

Life has been quite the whirlwind since I first shared about moving the midtown. I moved from wwgo, and this is my first week to not travel since then (9 weeks ago!). Working full time that requires travel, two international mission trips and a few adventures with my family, I am so glad to be in the same place for a little bit, and more so, excited to finally start working on the house!

People keep asking me "have you moved in the house yet?" If you are one of those people and I give you a stare back that says "are you crazy, have you seen it?" then I apologize. I tend to let everything I am thinking show on my face, and sometimes come out of my mouth. I have not moved in the house yet. Actually, it may be a few months before I am able to do so. There is so much to be done. So much. I go in and just pray. Really, that is all I know to do right now.

The Lord is so good. Better to me (and all of us) than I (we) deserve.

He told me to pray believe for the provision to buy the house - check.

He told me to pray and believe Him for a roof - check.

Now He is telling me to pray and believe for the right person to help me get started with all of the work - soon to be check.


In light of all this, there are so many beautiful things that have happened along the way. I have been able to spend more time with my sweet neighbors. Each time I stop by I get to share with them all that the Lord is doing, and they love to hear about it! I am constantly meeting more people that live in Midtown. I am meeting more people that have a heart for the area and join me in praying for it all. And, the Lord is working so many things within me out, that I didn't even know were rooted down in me. That in itself has been one of the best things.

I hated driving up to the house and seeing it boarded up. Last Friday we took all of the boards off! It needs to start airing out, after being boarded up for many years, and more so - I wanted some light to shine in there. Isn't that what the Lord expects of us too? It was a fun time watching one of my favorite brothers take those boards off. If you know WWGO, then you know Big Pat (Patrick), and then you know how much we love him. What a joy to see him free and able to do this for me!

So for now I forge on. I do what the Lord has told me to do - pray and believe for the right hands to help me with the work.

That’s plain enough, isn’t it? You’re no longer wandering exiles. This kingdom of faith is now your home country. You’re no longer strangers or outsiders. You belong here, with as much right to the name Christian as anyone. God is building a home. He’s using us all—irrespective of how we got here—in what he is building. He used the apostles and prophets for the foundation. Now he’s using you, fitting you in brick by brick, stone by stone, with Christ Jesus as the cornerstone that holds all the parts together. We see it taking shape day after day—a holy temple built by God, all of us built into it, a temple in which God is quite at home. Ephesians 2:19 - 22

1 comment: