Friday, October 17, 2014

look at what great things he has done

A few months ago I started a list of all the things that would have to be done on the house. The list grew rather quickly, and I grew overwhelmed rather quickly. My thoughts circled around: how the heck am I going to do all this, where do I even start, and the one that lingers still....I don't want to do all this by myself.

For several days I was stressed out, just looking at the list. I had a million ideas of what I wanted the house to look like, colors, furniture, etc...Letting my mind drift off to those places, I could not think about the tasks ahead of me for a few minutes. Early on in this journey, the Lord spoke to me one day and said "I paid your debt in full, I need you to believe I will pay this one in full too." That was a lot to digest and believe, but I said ok.

Here is the list I made. It may not overwhelm you, but me...


You can see that the first item on the list is $12,000 to buy the house. In my very first post about Moving to Midtown, I mentioned this as a prayer request.

Before I move ahead with this, I have to share about the shift in my heart the Lord did with "the list". My last Tuesday night as an intern at WWGO, during our family ministry time, we were writing down names of people to pray over them. I think there were close to 100 names that were written down on the big flip chart pages. We worshiped and prayed over each of these lives. During that time, the Lord spoke to me about the list I had made on the house. He said very clearly, "You have made a list of things, but you haven't even considered the people in Midtown. I can take care of all the things, I want you to pray over the people." I was again, overwhelmed, but in such a beautiful way. I grabbed my journal and started writing down names of souls. I started on the first street in Midtown and made my way clear to the last street, writing down the names of people on every street that I know.

This is what I have been praying over since then. All the things that have to be done on a house, are meaningless compared to the hearts and souls that are worthy of the love of Jesus. I will live in the house as is, if it means I get to witness people get saved, healed, freed, delivered and full of joy!

After this shift, things started happening. I had open access into more hearts, my overwhelming feelings faded, and the Lord provided in crazy ways.

In the length of one day = I said Yes to the Lord to invest fully in this home and with His people - whatever the cost would be. And then He provided $12,000 for me to buy the house. Not just that, He provided over that so that I can start working on it!

The mysteries of the works of the Lord will always amaze me. This is the word He gave that day, that confirmed His call to obey and move forward in faith.

Not for our sake, God, no, not for our sake,
but for your name’s sake, show your glory.
Do it on account of your merciful love,
do it on account of your faithful ways.
Psalm 115:1


You can see in the picture of the list that the very first item is checked off. I am looking forward to the day when every item on there is checked off, too.

But more than that, I look forward to the day when my list of lives in Midtown takes up a whole book and there is a big, fat check mark by each name that means they have been adopted into the Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment